Julia is a Mental Health First Aid instructor whose expertise is in people development. She has worked as a career and development coach and facilitator in the public and private sector for the last 20 years. Experienced at engaging with individuals at all levels, Julia enjoys creating supportive and dynamic conversational space for people to explore and grow in all aspects of their working lives.
Julia’s coaching and facilitation approach encourages reflection and pragmatism with a focus on building trusting relationships. She has a deep interest in supporting open dialogue and learning around mental health and wellbeing at work which she brings to her role as a Mental Health First Aid trainer.
Julia has worked as an external coach and facilitator and held internal consultant positions as a provider of learning and development services. Based in West Yorkshire, she has an independent coaching and training practice and also works with Health Education England in their Professional Support Unit based in London, supporting clinicians in navigating all aspects of their careers.
- Mentoring students with mental health challenges and additional learning needs at the University of West London
- Developing an internal coaching provision at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust. Design and delivery of one to one and group coaching skills training initiatives to those in leadership and management positions plus soft skills training for frontline employees
- Co-facilitating a 5-day intensive coach development training for the coaching consultancy Management Futures and coaching newly appointed senior leaders within the NHS
- Creating a career development role at the Professional Services organisation EY and more recently coaching and facilitating on their high profile trainee Development programmes
- Working with leading HR consultancies including Penna and Hudson Global Resourcing in supporting organisations such as ARUP Consulting Engineers, BP, The British Library, English National Opera, Tesco and Which?
- Career management / transition
- Mental Health First Aid
- Coaching skills development
- Strengths-based psychology
- Stress Management and Wellbeing
- Managing challenging conversations
Qualifications and Professional Development
- Degree in Psychology and Education
- Post-graduate diploma in Careers Guidance
- NLP Practitioner, MBTI and Strengthscope
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- Coaching skills training, Management Futures
- Member of BPS, EMCC and CDI
- Dance teacher and choreographer with an interest in the connection between mind and body